Hybrid ADC technology built into the all-new SIRIUS XHS data acquisition system combines the best capabilities of SAR and delta-sigma ADCs into a single unit. It also vastly increases the sample rate per channel from the typical 200 kS/sec for delta-sigma and 1 MS/sec for SAR to 15 MS/sec.
Using SIRIUS XHS with its Hybrid ADC technology, engineers can stream eight analog channels at 15 MS/sec per channel continuously to disk across USB 3.0. Using the SIRIUS XHS, engineers can choose among three performance modes on each channel independently, setting each one to exactly the desired configuration:
1. High Bandwidth Mode (Filter Off): 15 MS/sec sampling rate and 5 MHz bandwidth. This mode can perfectly acquire impulse, step, and square signals without any ringing or overshoot. Ideal for transient recording and power analysis, this mode is similar to SAR ADC behavior, except with a much higher sample rate and bandwidth.
2. Alias-free, High Dynamic Mode: Sampling up to 1.875 MHz and bandwidth up to 1 MS/sec, with 150-dB dynamic range. All higher frequencies are fully rejected, therefore the data is alias-free. An anti-aliasing filter with a bandwidth close to the Nyquist frequency is used for frequency-domain analysis of signals such as sound and vibration. There is some ringing on square waves and other impulse signals. This mode is similar to sigma-delta ADC behavior, except with a much higher sample rate and bandwidth.
3. Ring-free filtering: also, Hybrid ADC offers ring-free filters with no overshoot on impulse signals, while still maintaining alias-free acquisition. The measurement remains alias-free because the cut-off frequency is set automatically to 20% of the sampling frequency.
One of the most powerful capabilities of the Hybrid ADC is that each channel can be set individually to any of the three modes, and each channel can be set to a different sample rate. Finally, engineers don’t have to choose between one instrument or another, but they can use a single instrument for all of their most important applications. Though engineers may select some channels to be high bandwidth and some to be alias-free, and even select different sample rates, filtering is designed in such a way that all signals are perfectly time-aligned, with zero phase shift.
Dewesoft Hybrid ADC technology is a huge step forward in the world of data acquisition. It combines ring-free high-speed sampling with high dynamic range, anti-aliased performance, covering all major DAQ applications with a single instrument. The SIRIUS XHS is the first instrument to be configured with this technology.
SIRIUS XHS provides several breakthroughs and enhancements:
● Redesigned amplifiers that support the higher bandwidths of the Hybrid ADC.
● Internal FPGA with an ARM processor running on a Linux operating system.
● A new mainboard with even better galvanic isolation technology for channel-to-channel and channel-to-ground isolation, ensuring low-noise performance and resistance to ground loops and other signal interferences.
● Upgraded data transfer interfaces (USB 3.0 and GLAN) to support high-speed data streaming to disk. Engineers can set all eight channels to 15 MS/sec per channel, and stream them continuously to disk across USB 3.0.
● PTP v2 technology allows multiple SIRIUS XHS systems to be time-synchronized to each other and a master clock.
SIRIUS XHS is backwardly compatible with other instruments within the Dewesoft ecosphere and can be synchronized with instruments like the SIRIUS DualCore, SIRIUS HD, SIRIUS HS, KRYPTON, IOLITE, DEWE-43A, and more. Like all Dewesoft instruments, SIRIUS XHS includes the award-winning DewesoftX software for system setup, data acquisition, monitoring, and analysis.
Dewesoft LLC, 10730 Logan St., Whitehouse, OH 43571, 855-DEWE-NOW (339-3669), email@example.com, https://dewesoft.com/products/daq-systems/sirius-xhs