Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced industry-leading enhancements to its N7109A multi-channel signal analyzer for emerging multichannel LTE, LTE-Advanced and MIMO RF measurement requirements, including LTE antenna beamforming and LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation.
Building on the N7109A’s strengths for WiMAXTM and LTE MIMO measurements, these new enhancements enable designers to stay one step ahead of rapidly evolving LTE and LTE-Advanced communication standards.
Using the latest 89600 VSA software release 15, the Agilent N7109A signal analyzer delivers:
- Phase synchronous measurements with up to eight RF channels in a single mainframe.
- Verification and visualization of TD-LTE base station RF antenna beamforming, including Transmission Mode 7 (8×1 single layer using Port 5) and Transmission Mode 8 (8×2 dual layer using Ports 7 and 8).
- Cross-channel measurements, including frequency response, cross correlation, coherence and more.
- Dense, modular architecture that scales from two to eight channels in one 4U mainframe.
- Independent center frequency tuning for each tuner module.
- LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation measurements with each channel tuned to a different component carrier, or multiple channels tuned to each component carrier for MIMO signals.
- Simultaneous uplink and downlink measurements.
- Correction wizard.
- Integrated with Agilent’s 89600 VSA software, this step-by-step wizard provides accurate amplitude and phase measurements at the device under test.
Providing general-purpose and standards-based tools for evaluating signal spectrum, modulation and time characteristics, the software enables engineers to troubleshoot physical-layer signal problems. This software is compatible with not just the N7109A multichannel signal analyzer, but with more than 30 other Agilent products, including signal analyzers, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers. It runs on Microsoft Windows(r)-based PCs or on PC-based instruments.