Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced 10 signal conditioners designed to drive high-speed interface standards such as 10G/40G/100G Ethernet, 10G-KR (802.3ap), InfiniBand, Fibre Channel and CPRI. The new integrated circuits join a comprehensive family of repeaters and retimers that combat signal impairments caused by insertion loss, jitter, reflections and crosstalk in high-speed enterprise servers, routers and switches. Manufactured using TI’s high-performance BiCMOS SiGe process technology, these new signal conditioners deliver high signal reach performance at less than 6-mW per gigabit.
Key features and benefits of the DS1xxDF410, DS1xxRT410, and DS100KRxxx families:
- Extend reach to exceed 50+ inches of FR-4 backplane or 20 meters of 26-AWG copper cable
- 36-dB input EQ and 12-dB output de-emphasis (DE)
- Multi-tap decision feedback equalizer (DFE)
- Clock and data recovery (CDR) with internal clock synthesis
- Repeaters consume 65-mW per channel; retimers with CDR consume 150-mW per channel
- Reduce bill of materials (BOM) cost and simplify system design
- Fully adaptive EQ simplifies link tuning
- Internal clock synthesis avoids the need for an external reference clock
- Built-in eye monitor and PRBS generator simplifies system debug
- Single power supply without the need for external RF chokes.
These signal conditioners are used to drive optical and direct-attach passive copper cables in latency-sensitive, front-port line cards, while meeting SFF8431 (SFP+) specifications. They also can be used to compensate for loss and crosstalk in backplanes, and reduce gauge thickness in active copper cable assemblies. Offered as a pin-compatible IC family, system designers can choose from repeaters (EQ and DE driver), retimers (EQ, CDR and DE driver), and advanced retimers (EQ, CDR, DFE and DE driver) to achieve the desired link performance and system cost without having to redesign their board.
To support redundancy and fail-over applications, TI offers new 10.3G and 14.2G mux/buffers that support two- and four-port switching capability. Both devices support 10G-KR transmit link training. TI also offers the TLK10002 10G multi-rate transceiver, LMK03806 clock generator, and SIMPLE SWITCHERs and temperature sensors to complement the signal conditioners in a system.
The DS1xxDF410 and DS1xxRT410 quad-channel retimers are offered in 7-mm x 7-mm, 48-pin leadless LLP packages, and the DS100KRxxx octal-channel repeaters and DS100MB203 dual-lane mux/buffer are supplied in 10-mm x 5.5-mm, 54-pin LLPs. The SN65LVCP114 quad-lane mux/buffer is packaged in a 12-mm x 12-mm, 167-pin BGA.