Tektronix, Inc., has introduced the Keithley Series 2380 family of compact, standalone DC Electronic Loads as a compliment to the company’s complete set of power test and measurement solutions. Available in 200W, 250W and 750W models, the new DC Electronic Loads offer excellent performance, competitive pricing and the versatility to handle a wide range of applications including performance verification, stress test and environmental test of DC power sources, power components and batteries in power electronics, LED lighting, battery research, automotive and alternative energy.
Electronics engineers or test engineers developing or testing DC power supplies or batteries use DC Electronic Loads to quickly and easily simulate real-world loads in order to validate the performance of their devices under a range of conditions. The new Series 2380 DC Electronic Loads feature multiple operation modes and diverse auto test modes with up to 25 kHz dynamic load cycling mode, superior voltage/current resolution and read back accuracy and multiple interface choices.
Using any of the Series 2380 models engineers can test their device under multiple working modes using the same instrument. The operation modes include constant current (CC), constant voltage (CV), constant resistance (CR), and constant power (CP). The new instruments build confidence in measurement accuracy with 0.1 mV/0.01mA voltage/current read back resolution and 0.025%/0.05% voltage/current read back accuracy.
Other features include:
· A built-in CR-LED test that can simulate real LED lamps or LED strings
· Integrated facilities for easily measuring the voltage rise/fall time of DC power sources
· An I-Monitor function that simplifies testing/monitoring of current drawn from the DUT
· List mode making it easier to create a wide range of load current changes
· Battery test function that simplifies battery life and capacity testing
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.