Teseq, a developer and provider of instrumentation and systems for EMC emission and immunity testing, has introduced an easy-to-use, stand-alone generator for slow damped oscillatory wave testing in single phase equipment up to 270 V and 16 A. The new NSG 3040-SOW is in compliance with current testing standards IEC/EN 6000-4-18 and ANSI C37.90.1.
Ideal for use by power stations, substations, electric meter manufacturers, relays and switch manufacturers as well as EMC testing labs that already use Teseq equipment, the NSG 3040-SOW enables users to perform over-testing at test levels up to 4.4 kV.
The NSG 3040-SOW features unique capabilities including selectable reduced source impedance as well as higher pulse rates which enable users to test under conditions that are closer to reality, ensuring their product will perform as intended in the real world.
Designed to complement Teseq’s line of NSG 3040 and NSG 3060 series of EMC test generators, the NSG 3040-SOW features the same user-friendly 7″ high contrast, color touch-screen interface featuring superb graphics to enable quick and user-friendly set-up of test procedures.
The generator can obtain quick, reliable results of standardized tests with a few clicks using the integrated Test Assistance (TA) function. The NSG 3040-SOW offers inputs supported by an integrated keyboard or thumbwheel with additional keys for sensitivity adjustment.
The new generator features Windows-based control software that simplifies test programming and compilation of complex test sequences composed of multiple waveform types.
- Test voltage range from 0.2 kV to 4.4 kV
- Oscillation frequency of 100 kHz and 1 MHz
- Selectable source impedance of 200 Ohm and 150 Ohm
- Pulse repetition rated exceeds standards requirement
- 1 MHz pulse: From 1/s to 600/s, default is 400/s
- 100 kHz pulse: From 1/s to 120/s, default is 40/s
- Ethernet port for external PC control
- Approximate weight –25 kg (55 lbs)
- Dimensions – 449 mm (17.7″) wide x 226 mm (8.9″) high x 565 mm (22.2″) deep